Are you interested in learning how to design buildings that are more energy-efficient, resilient, and innovative? Do you want to know how the U.S. advanced energy industry is transforming policy and expanding markets for clean power and transportation? If so, join us via ZOOM for an informative and engaging program on Advanced Building Technologies for Nevada.
This program is brought to you by our partnership with Advanced Energy United, a leading industry association that represents the full range of advanced energy technologies and services. They will share their insights on how our energy systems are changing, what our federal and state policies incentive landscape might be, and how to design for new building technologies.
THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ALL – FEEL FREE TO SHARE IT WITH YOUR NETWORK
Confirmed Agenda – Speakers will address both Commercial and Residential Applications:
- 9:00-9:05: Welcome, Introductions – Carlos Fernandez, Executive Director, The American Institute of Architects – Las Vegas Chapter
- 9:05-9:30: Setting the stage
- Part 1: How our Energy Systems are Changing: Emerging Challenges and Opportunities – Sarah Steinberg, Policy Director, Advanced Energy United
- Part 2: Federal and State Policy and Incentive Landscape Analysis – Leah Rubin Shen, Managing Director at Advanced Energy United
- 9:30-10:15: Designing for Advanced Building Technologies (5-10 minutes each and then Q&A)
- Air Source Heat Pumps – Jonathan Moscatello, Utility Relations Manager, Daikin Comfort Technologies
- Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters – Kevin Clark, Region Sales Manager – Energy and New Construction, Rheem
- Induction Stoves with Integrated Batteries – Sam D’Amico, Founder and CEO, Impulse
- 10:15-11:00: The Efficiency and Resilience Imperative (5-10 minutes each and then Q&A)
- Insulation and Energy Efficiency – Andy Frank, Founder and President, Sealed
- Integrating Solar and Storage with Advanced Building Technologies – Troy Bevilacqua, Builder Account Executive – New Homes, SunPower
- Smart Thermostats and a Smart Home – Aaron Berndt, Head of Industry Partnerships, Google
There will be an opportunity for question and answer. This program will be registered for 2 AIA CE/HSW’s.